The summer activities programme for Children and Young People in East Riding is now up and running and is proving popular. Activities booked for next week have now been offered to children and Young People with an Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP)
There are still a small number of places available for next weeks activities and so we are now extending our offer to children and young people who receive SEN support not just those children with an EHCP or those agreed to assess for a EHCP.
Those Children who receive SEN support in education settings can only book onto the below events for next week and not the full programme.
Over the coming weeks we will continue to release dates, times and events with places still available for families to book onto and will be done week by week so please check the Local Offer site and Parent Carer Facebook group for these updates.
The Child or Young Person must
· Have an EHCP
· Agreed to assess for an EHCP
· Receive SEN support in school and be on the schools SEN register to be able to book onto the below events.
We are asking that Families book onto only one activity per week to ensure everyone has the opportunity to attend events.
· Siblings of children with EHCP (or being assessed) or SEN support can attend however with limited places we would ask that families make every attempt to attend sessions with as fewer family members as possible.
· Direct Payment workers can attend with children and young people, we will need the workers information when booking on as well as the family details.
· Parents of children are free and encouraged to join in but those who may only want their child to participate, feeling they do not need support to be involved have the option to watch and wait but cannot leave their child/ren at events with staff.
· Lunches are provided for all events so dietary requirements will be needed when booking.
· Sessions are run by staff from sports play and arts as well as trained tutors.
· For any family still isolating or feeling like they are not ready to go out yet, they can request an activity pack but these are limited in number please call the below number to request a pack.
· Families will need to book on directly with support services on the contact number 01482 394000 option 5 then option 1.
· We may experience a high demand so please be patient if you cannot get through, we are working hard to take your bookings